Court Diagnostic and Treatment Center (CDTC) is a private, non-profit organization committed to helping make safer communities. We work with the criminal justice system to provide the following services:
- Forensic Evaluations
- Mental Health Treatment
- Consultation and Training
Our professional services are respectfully delivered. We honor the dignity of everyone we assist; striving to be ethically-oriented and culturally-sensitive in every interaction.
Each person in society, including our clients, have the potential to rise above life’s challenges and regain social and psychological stability. Together, we can build a safe and vibrant community.
If you, or someone you are responsible for, has come into contact with the Criminal Justice System, we encourage you to contact CDTC for needed forensic evaluation and counseling services.
The Ohio Department of Mental health has certified CDTC as the Forensic Center of Northwest Ohio as well as a certified Mental Health Agency in Lucas County. We serve the following thirteen counties:
- Van Wert
We employ licensed Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Clinical Counselors, and Social Workers. Our staff provides expert evaluations, testimony, and consultations. We also specialize in treating the mentally ill offender and regularly offer training to the professional community.
Here are a few of the Statutory Evaluations we’ve provided to the community for over 30 years. All the evaluations we’re authorized to conduct can be found in the Ohio Revised Code:
- 2945.371 (G) (3) Competency to Stand Trial
- 2945.371 (G) (4) Criminal Responsibility (NGRI, Insanity)
- 2945.40 Post-Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity, 2951.03 General Presentence Evaluation
- 2947.06 Mitigation of Penalty (Post-Conviction), 2929.04 (B) Mitigation of Death Penalty
- 2919.271 Domestic Violence Evaluation, 2903.211 Menacing By Stalking Evaluation
- 2317.01 Competency to be a Witness, 2152.12 Juvenile Bindover, 2945.401 Second Opinion (SB 285)
Our breadth of experience in treating the mentally ill offender is extensive. All treatment services are designed to not only help relieve emotional pain and suffering, but to also help the offender reenter the community safely while ensuring all efforts have been made to reduce the risk of reoffending behavior.
- Abuse & Trauma
- Anger Management
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Offending
- Substance Abuse
- Dually Diagnosed Offender
- Recidivism Reduction
- Criminal-Thinking Restructuring