We’ll expertly deliver all your forensic and statutory evaluations as Ohio’s only licensed forensic center in the area. Our main office is located in Toledo which serves all thirteen counties in Northwest Ohio. Referrals can be conveniently and securely requested by clicking the Probation Officer’s Referral Form or Judge’s Referral Form button on the left.
Your evaluation referral is quickly assigned to a forensic evaluator while we work with your staff and defendant to schedule appointments. This may include testing, collateral interviews, and review of necessary records.
As court personnel, your evaluation will be available for download. We adhere to all state and federal regulations while confidentially and securely providing you password protected access to reports.
- Competency to Stand Trial
- Criminal Responsibility (Mental State at the Time of the Offense/NGRI)
- Post-Incompetent to Stand Trial-Unrestorable
- Post-Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity (NGRI)
- “Non-Secured Status” Second Opinion (RP Hospital Level Movement/formerly SB 285)
- Other competencies (e.g., juvenile, to be a witness, to waive Miranda rights, to represent oneself, to testify, to waive mental health defenses, to plead guilty, and to be executed)
- Mitigation (e.g., pre-conviction, general presentence evaluation, of penalty/death penalty, post-conviction, and post-sentence/probation/parole)
- Intervention in Lieu of Conviction
- Juvenile Certification/Bindover
- Domestic Violence Evaluation
- Battered Woman Syndrome Evaluation
- Menacing By Stalking Evaluation
- Risk assessment (e.g., general violence, sexual offending, and threat assessment)
- Classification of sexual predator
- Domestic relations (e.g., parental capacity, visitation, and custody)
- Civil Commitment
- Substance Use Assessment-Drug Court
- General Mental Health Evaluation
The Forensic Evaluation Program is also responsible for providing the education portion of outpatient competency restoration for defendants referred by the courts of Northwest Ohio.